Monday, October 26, 2009

Arrey Kono in Rodeo & Hot chocolate in the park

1.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Last Wednesday we went to the Arrey Kono fashion show in Rodeo. The site was just perfect for a fashion show (or a wedding, or living, or anything, really, I just love that club). Unfortunately it was really packed, and they invited people through Facebook without any limitations, so it was packed, big time. We stood squeezed in the crowd while the personnel desperately tried to make room for more people and carry out tables through the tight pack of eager fashion viewers.

I didn't even manage to get into the room, I was clenched to the bouncers back throughout the show, and I could literally smell the shampoo he uses. The show was realy cool and I would've loved to see it closer. I did feel like one of those characters of a Candace Bushnell-novel where they move into a big city and try to crash into fashion parties and make a career in fashion. (In a way I technically am that person, except that I really don't mind being unknown and staying out of parties I'm not invited to. :))

2.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050763.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050770.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050772.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050779.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050784.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050788.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050798.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050802.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050804.jpg picture by avaramaiju
Laundree of the night:
Top - H&M
sequen scarf - Glitter
purse - an oldie my mom gave me for playing dress up when I was a kid!
boots (barely visible) - Motivi

Cup of hot chocolate in the Setting sun

I've really wanted to keep up my cake-in-the-park-business, although the weather is getting colder. The cold doesn't seem to bother the people, though, who still come to the karaoke on Sundays, as long as they have a cup of hot Glühwein or a steamy corn on the cob to sooth the brisky cold. I recently had an idea to make hot chocolate milk with mint liquor for them, as a Finnish alternative. I also kept my buns in a thermos-bag, so they stayed oven fresh and hot for longer. And the people liked them. :) I'm so excited, next time I'll make more!

We had also visits from some dear friends and a surprising encounter with a Finnish rock-legend...

P1050814.jpg picture by avaramaiju
Sporty dude singing a lullaby.

P1050816.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050817.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050818.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050819.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050821.jpg picture by avaramaiju
We ran into the Finnish punk-rock-legend Pelle Miljoona. Not only brilliant, but a really nice dude. I offered him a bun.

Later we hung out in Weinerei, it's a cosy place close to Zionskirche and Kastanienallee. You pay 2 € for the entrance and drink from a selection of wines (or in our case - a selection of really delicious juices, because we're trying to be healthy for a change!) and tip the staff as you leave.

P1050826.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050830.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050835.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1050838.jpg picture by avaramaiju

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Haa! Pelle! :D Awesome!
Can't wait to get there! :))) <3

TiiaL said...

Wautsi, Pelle Miljoona :)
Sun pullamaine kulkee nyt sitten Pellen mukana maailmalla :) Kohta siellä on suomalaiset punk-rock-reggae-jne-artistit sun kojulla jonottamassa <3 Keep up the good work, honey.

Jatta said...

Ei jummi - PELLE!!! Mä oon nyt niin kateudesta vihreenä - mä matkasin teininä ja vähän vanhempanakin Pellen perässä jopa Hangon juhannusjuhliin sellaselle kämäselle leirintäalueelle - uuuh!! Aivan mahtavan upeeta!

:D

E. Birdie said...

Mä oikein toivoin vihdoin näkeväni sut ja pullaständin eilen, olisin niiiiin mielelläni syönyt pullaa! Missä yleensä pidät kauppaa?

juany said...

Maaria....t ves espectacular en la foto de noche.........felicidades te quiero mucho y los extrañamos...besitos

Ina said...

Well, girl, gotta say you got some nice pics again. I (hardly) ever realise you take them and the after *bababoom* - a whole night in pictures on your bloggio. :* Ina

PS: I stole one....

avara maiju said...

Jenna: I know!! You are so expected here! Please come soon :)

TiiaL: Yepp! Aika mahtava sattuma. :) Mulla oli vähän keskustelua tosta genrekysymyksestä tyttöjen kanssa, ja kysyin sitten Pelleltä itseltään, ja se sano, että "no genre", mutta noi kaikki kuuluu kyl siihen. :)

Jatta & Lari: hahaha, kuulostaa törkeen siistiltä!

E. Birdie: Voi harmi!! Mul ei ollu aavistustakaan.. Oon yleensä siinä karaokepaikan (amfiteatterin) vieressä ihmisvilinän seassa. Tuu ihmeessä ens sunnuntaina 15 aikoihin! :) Kivaa!

Juany: ooo, muchas gracias, amá! que bien que te gusta, pq creí que ne se ve nada.. jiji. besos! tqm

Ina: bababoom? :D great! I'm glad u like the pics, I also thought I didn't have that many good ones, but it turned out OK. thanks babe!

E. Birdie said...

Pitää yrittää löytää pullat ens sunnuntaina :P