Friday, June 19, 2009

Sick-leave extravaganza

That headline is so misleading. I had to look it up in the dictionary, and it still doesn't make sense, but what the heck.

So, I'm on sick-leave for a few days, cos' my knee hurts like a bitch and I can't do my job running down the ladder and bending over (no, I'm not working in the circus or in a male prison). As a loyal employee I can't just slack off for a petty little knee problem, I topped it off with a sore throat and PMS, which means another two bitchy aches! That ought to make my sick-leave worthwhile.

And here's how I plan to spend it:

- writing (done)
- baking (maybe, when I'm not busy lying down)
- reading German "love" novels (only for the sake of the language, why else would anyone wanna do that?)
- watching old Friends episodes I've taped on VHS and hoping to see some old Finnish commercials in between!
- drinking tea
- eating
- hoping I'll be fit to join my sister to a Finnish Midsummer-party tomorrow.

Black tea with fresh mint leaves.

Our garden.

Quality entertainment.

Scary Kitty came to mess up my beautiful plans and walk on my keyboard...

...and suddenly 4 pins were missing from the wall, posters were down, and pins nowhere. Hopefully not in her belly...

... and then she got provoked by my camera strap.

No comments: