Thursday, January 07, 2010

My 2009 in pictures: Part 2

Yoyoyo! That was not all, folks! In the last post I told you about Mexico, moving in to Berlin and how that has been the best ever, and how I've gotten to meet more and more cute cuties. Well, here's more!

My baby and I got engaged! So, if I'm lucky, he will be marrying me this year.... YAwza!!!
62.jpg picture by avaramaiju

The rings cost 10 euros at Mauerpark :), and the proposal was so embarrassingly boring, that we had to make up a better one! I absolutely love it though!
6-2.jpg picture by avaramaiju

BUNS in the Park

I'm pretty proud of starting the Finnish bun shop, first touring around the street events and parks of Berlin finally settling next to the Sunday's karaoke in Mauerpark. We spent great lazy hangovered afternoons on the grass occasionally singin along or even taking the mic a few times. My favorite customers were my niece, nephew, and everyone! It was great, sometimes it got a bit sweatty in the kitchen by the stove, but mostly it was great fun and a huge success! And I couldn't have done it alone, without my Mexican help and other sweet visitors.

Loving the tan lines in this pic.
8.jpg picture by avaramaiju8c.jpg picture by avaramaiju8d.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Finland and Sweden in the summer

Eating monks by the waterfall with Piritta.
15.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Sweatty forehead, dude. No airconditioning in the buses.
15a.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Buns in the Hakaniemi square.
15b.jpg picture by avaramaiju15bb.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Yummy munchkies in the park (Kaivopuisto, Helsinki)
15c.jpg picture by avaramaiju15d.jpg picture by avaramaiju


Girls, girls, girls and an amazing weekend in Tampere.
15e.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Sweden is just always so cute
15f.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Roadtrip through the archipelago to Sweden
15g.jpg picture by avaramaiju

I learned a few things. Juggling was not one of them.
12f.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Overdressing

Sometimes it was to a theme, sometimes just plain unsuitable for anything.
132.jpg picture by avaramaiju133.jpg picture by avaramaiju134.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Pretty pirates on a steam boat
13.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Please leave, you're making too much noise, this is a wellness spa!
13d.jpg picture by avaramaiju13b.jpg picture by avaramaiju13c.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Free Berlin turned 20! And treated us to an ice cold party.
142.jpg picture by avaramaiju14.jpg picture by avaramaiju

And although I only went to Finland for short visits, and saw my friends less than I'd wished to, it was some efficient-carpe diem-shit!

Helmetty Helmersons drunk driving in a kids' go-kart.
162.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Asko, Mokka, and the Grannies!
163.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Aleksi presenting the summer fashion for babies underpants.
164.jpg picture by avaramaiju

The most random place I'd ever find myself in: a summer festival behind god's back in Mallusjoki.
16.jpg picture by avaramaiju

And by far my favorite picture of the whole year, the human letters. The product of a dozen great minds, 2 hours of counting people wearing Croc's-sandals, and too many beers and ciders: Fucking Vääksy.
16b-1.jpg picture by avaramaiju

7 comments:

Meri said...

the last picture is my absolute favourite!
And I agree with you - we'll never stop loving Berlin!

Unknown said...

it was a good year, full of surprises and visitors. lets make 2010 better

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

we are part form your 2009 year and you're part form ours too!!! was an amazing year!! but 2010 will be even much better starting for your amazing wedding! love you guys

avara maiju said...

Meri: haha! glad you appreciate the pic too! thanks darling for reading :)

rene: i have a good feeling about this one

Jessica: yeah, you can't imagine how much i expect to see you then! thanks so much fos checking the pics and commenting. love u too jess!

juany said...

Ohhh!!!!!!! Maaria, como siempre muy buenas y bonitas fotos, especialmente dnde estan tu y rene, va a ser mejor este año.....see you later, and goodluck in the preparatives, i love you.......kisses....

avara maiju said...

ay, que linda :) gracias amá que comentas! me alegro mucho que te gusta. si, estoy de acuerdo, tu hijo se ve muy guapo. :)