Friday, February 26, 2010

Berger fabric store

My sister tipped me on a great fabric shop in Berlin: Berger, on Potsdamerstrasse 68. I went there on a venture to find some fabrics for my wedding dress. And I did, indeed. The place is a dreamland with really cool retro stuff and modern fabrics just suitable for today and tomorrow's fashion, and they did also have just as much tacky stuff from fake cow fur to red pvc!

P1080645.jpg picture by avaramaiju
P1080646.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1080643.jpg picture by avaramaiju

I wanna make something of these:

P1080639.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1080640.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Here's a sneak peek to what gave me the inspiration to my wedding dress. Cotton sheets and colorful organza and tulle... too bad I can't spoil the surprise by telling you more... ;)

P1080634.jpg picture by avaramaiju
P1080655.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1080657.jpg picture by avaramaijuP1080658.jpg picture by avaramaiju
P1080642.jpg picture by avaramaiju

Now I just need to find a seamstress, 'cos I refuse to make the wedding dress myself on my crappy old Brother machine. So if you know any good ones, lemme kno! I of course have a bunch of great seamstress friends from the time we studied fashion, but they're all in Finland, so that's kinda tricky...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cool fabrics, but don't spoil the surprise for me. i'm not aloud to see ur dress b4 the wedding . . .

avara maiju said...

ooops